WE03 Working At Height & Rescue - WTG. RUK/GWO approved
This course is in line with the RenewableUK Work at Height Training Standard for personnel working at height in wind turbines. On completion those attending will be able to climb a fixed ladder, access the nacelle and be aware of the hazards and risks inherent in this type of activity when using PFPE. The course also teaches students to deal with rescue and escape issues using dedicated equipment.
Candidates must be medically fit with a head for heights.
All students are expected to complete a short medical questionniare prior to commencement of training.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at persons who are required to use personal fall protection equipment when accessing the the tower & nacelle on a Wind turbine (WTG).
Course Objectives & Content
- Work at height dangers, legislation, hazards and risk assessment
- Safe systems of work, rescue from nacelle/tower and emergency procedures
- Characteristics and limitations of PFPE
- Requirements for inspection, storing and maintaining personal fall protective equipment
- Selection and use of personal fall protection equipment
- Climbing fixed ladders fitted with fall arrest systems
- Climbing with lanyards and associated safety equipment
- Pre syncope (Suspension trauma) and post fall care
- Rescue and escape equipment – characteristics and limitations
- Emergency evacuation/escape techniques from the nacelle
- Ladder rescue techniques
- Nacelle rescue techniques (internal and external)
For further information please click here to contact us.
All delegates will receive a RenewableUK approved certificate and photo identity card valid for 2 years.